- Aloe - Aloe vera has also been shown to stimulate collagen and elastin production which helps restore the youthful appearance of the skin. Aloe vera is also a potent anti-inflammatory; aloe contains a compound called aloin which suppresses the body’s inflammation cascade. The humectants in aloe vera lock in moisture to the skin, preventing excessive drying and flaking of the skin and limiting water loss. Aloe vera is also high in antioxidants, so it can limit damage by UV rays and prevent premature aging of the skin.
- Macadamia Nut Oil - This Australian nut is loaded with healthy fats, antioxidants, and Vitamin E – all great for healthy skin. Most significantly, the oils from this nut also provide a vegan source of a lesser-discussed skin compound called squalene. Squalene is important for the hydration and overall youthful appearance of the skin. Like collagen, the amount of squalene produced naturally decreases over our lifetimes. Squalene found in macadamia nut oil mimics the squalene that our bodies produce, making it an ideal skincare ingredient. It is easily absorbed into the skin without clogging pores providing the ultimate lightweight hydration to improve the skin’s texture and to decrease the appearance of wrinkles.
- Olive Oil - Olive oil is an emollient full of fatty acids that softens and soothes the skin. Olive oil also contains an anti-inflammatory compound called triterpenes that can increase collagen production and promote healing of the skin.
- Collagen - Frownies Forehead Serum Patches include vegan collagen sourced from sea vegetables. Collagen applied topically can improve the overall texture of the skin and minimize fine lines by moisturizing, hydrating, and plumping the skin.
- Grapeseed Oil - Due to a compound called proanthocyanidin, grapeseed oil may be able to even out the skin tone from hyperpigmentation caused by sun damage and melasma. Remarkably, research has shown grapeseed oil is able to limit the harmful effects of UV radiation including inhibiting skin tumor growth and decreasing the size of tumors.
- Caffeine - As seen in many eye creams, caffeine can dilate the blood vessels in the surface of the skin to increase surface level circulation and reduce water retention to temporarily tighten and smooth fine lines in the skin.
- Wheat Germ Oil - Wheat germ oil is high in a host of vitamins that are good for the skin including Vitamin A, multiple B vitamins, Vitamin D, and Vitamin E. Wheat germ oil is high in fatty acids that strengthen the moisture barrier of the skin. Wheat germ oil is known to be an effective skincare ingredient when applied topically. Wheat germ oil is thought to prevent wrinkles by limiting damage to the skin cells. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant while Vitamin B assists in repairing cell damage.
- Chamomile Flower Extract - Chamomile is actually a relatively common flower. The extract or oil derived from the plant has been used for its healing properties for hundreds of years. While you may think of chamomile as a calming tea, topical application of chamomile extract is also soothing to the skin reducing redness and inflammation. Chamomile extract is known to have antimicrobial properties and is especially good for wound healing, eczema, and hyper pigmentation.
Do you want to get rid of forehead wrinkles naturally? Although the Frownies Forehead Serum Patch is not meant to smooth deep expression lines, our customers report that it does help bring awareness to their facial movement as the ingredients hydrate the skin.
For deeper expression lines, you may achieve better results with Frownies Facial Patches. Frownies: The Original Wrinkle Patch is made of weighted paper for relaxing facial muscles and training facial movement.
The Frownies Forehead Serum Patch is an effective day-of treatment before any big event. For a spa-like experience, be sure to add Frownies Under Eye Gels to target under eye bags, dark circles, and crows feet at the corners of the eyes.
By: Dr. Megan C. Wright, PT, DPT